Climate Change Mitigation
A CLEAR AND COGENT COMMITMENT BY GREEN HAS ITALIA
Agriculture is highly exposed to climate change as farming activities depend directly on climatic conditions.
The most important agricultural institutions in the world widely indicate that possible short and medium-term adaptive solutions needed in farming because of climate change may include:
- adjusting the timing of farm operations, such as planting or sowing dates and fertilizer application;
- choosing crops and varieties which better adapt to the expected season’s growth and water availability, and are more resistant to new temperatures and humidity conditions;
- intensifying the farm’s use of medium-term weather previsions;
- using water more efficiently;
- improving soil management practices by increasing organic matter that stores soil moisture.
Green Has Italia strongly believes that selected biostimulants fit perfectly with these indications, being essential support for plants in optimising their genetic characteristics.
Following several collaborations with universities, Green Has Italia’s Research and Development department has deepened its knowledge in selecting innovative and ready and easy to use ‘climate change adaptation’ biostimulants.