The R & D Department Green Has Italia, firmly believes that interdisciplinarity and contact with the academic and scientific world, are key to achieving the goals proposed. The main research projects see the collaboration of important Italian organizations, which are briefly listed below:
- Chemical characterization of high added value matrices, biochemical and molecular biology studies, aimed at understanding bioactive molecule richness, the mechanism of action and the effectiveness of innovative prototypes.
- Plant-microorganism interactions: impact of microbial inoculants on root-associated microbiota in high value crops.
- Mineral nutrition: evaluation of Ca content and distribution in leaf of plants treated with different Ca-based formulations.
Molecular biology and biochemical studies in plants subjected to abiotic stress and treated with innovative prototypes.
The long-term goal is to prepare tomato as a field crop for the increasing surface of brackish soils. We aim to achieve that by controlling the performance and adaptation of tomato’s root system.
The project is realized in partnership with:
- Wageningen University – Laboratory of Plant Physiology
- Università degli Studi di Torino – Department of Life Sciences and Systems Biology
- RWTH Aachen University – Institute for Biology I/Botany
- INRA, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique-Research Unit GAFL: Genetics and Breeding of Fruit and Vegetables
- Vilmorin&Cie-HM Clause
To learn more: www.suscrop.eu/projects-first-call/root
Applied variable spectrum LED technology for applications to optimize experimental growth environments.